Saturday, October 18, 2014

An Update and the BGG Secret Santa Is Drawing Near

Hi everybody!

Unfortunately there won't be a review today. I haven't played anything new this week as well as haven't played anything older as a refresher. However, we just got a bunch of new games in that I want to dive into including Say Bye to the Villains, Machi Koro, Seventh Hero, and Enigma. Also as Halloween, my favorite time of year, draws closer I will be doing some scary game reviews like the new hotness Dead of Winter and Bang! The Walking Dead. Betrayal at House on the Hill will also make an appearance.

I also want to take this time to promote the boardgamegeek.com Secret Santa event. Registration already began for the event and closes on November 11th. I want to point this out because it is such a wonderful event hosted by a wonderful website. Last year was my absolute first BGG Secret Santa. I didn't know exactly what I was getting into or how it was going to play out, but I wanted to be nice and enjoy the spirit of giving. I have done other online secret santa events through other sites that have fallen flat. The Santas never really seemed too concerned with their giftees and the sites weren't all that organized. So I joined the BGG one with low expectations.
He Sees You When You're Sleeping
When the time came I wanted to make sure my giftee felt special. BGG sets up the event as a $50 minimum and gives you some stalker privileges. I stalked my giftee for a long time and couldn't settle on anything in particular, so in order to make it a special event I went all in and almost doubled the minimum. I sent him some brand new games and expansions for those he already had. My secret santa really made the event special though. I loved my box of goodies which held The Swarm from Z-Man games and the Alhambra Big Box. The best part, besides the awesome games, was the two of us still talk. Almost a year later and we still talk about games and whatever. I recently just sent him a package of promos and small box games from Gen Con.

Besides the great feeling of giving for the holidays, the BGG secret santa is a great way to connect with other gamers from around the world. I really encourage people to participate in this events. It is well worth entering, entry is free by the way, and BGG is one of the best, if not the absolutely best, board gaming resource online. Please give it a look and even if you don't sign up for the secret santa you should join the BGG community if you haven't already.

Thank you all again for coming back to Daemonic Teutonic. I may make another, more well thought out update tomorrow and reviews will start back up on Monday.

Cheers,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment